Sunday, April 13, 2008

It's starting to come together!

Well, this is fun! I'm finally nailing some packages and I THINK I have two or three worth it on my resume tape. This is good news, since I hope to be applying for a job shortly! It might be a bit out of my reach, but hey, it can't hurt to try. Especially since I have a contact from a past internship involved; that should be helpful!

Anyway, the BC life continues, but with an interesting twist. I seem to be picking up more and more political stories lately. Now, I'm fine with this, but it's kind of weird, seeing as I've only had ONE Poli. Sci. class... EVER. Then again, I am the guy who camped out in his room for every primary through the month of February watching results come in, so maybe that should explain something. I'm kind of wondering if maybe I should look into working with politics (in the news) more. I'm not about to add a minor to get that knowledge, but who knows.

Right now, I'm in the middle of an interesting three weeks news-wise. Last week, my package was on the kickoff/opening of Barack Obama's campaign office in New Castle. This week, I'll be hosting the interview segment and talking to Jim Rhoads, a Westminster professor who worked with the Mock Convention and who is very much in the know when it comes to all levels of politics. And finally, next week is the big primary here in PA, so I'll be out on Election Day doing my deadline assignment, shooting, writing, and editing a story in one day. And yes, I realize that this is what I'll have to do anyway, but it's still a change from the norm for the County Line. Tune in for more on all that LATER this week.

For now I leave you (FINALLY!) with a package of mine. This aired mid-March, so it's not my most current, but it is one of my best ones yet. Enjoy!



EDIT: Blogger likes me again! Package is now available above!

No comments: