Wednesday, August 8, 2007

This is what I live for...

So it's been a while since I last posted but today was a post-worthy day. I went out on a story today with John Paul, which turned into two stories on the night, all on the South Side of Y-town. First one was a house fire. I'm beginning to see a pattern here: half the time I've gone out with JP, we've ended up at a house fire.

After that we got word of a shooting a few blocks away, so we hoof it down to that street to take a look and see what's going on. Turns out that we spent what had to be a good half-hour, not counting the time we left and then came back for, to get not too much from the story. It was still interesting seeing how the police conduct the investigations. Eva Mastromatteo from 33 was actually at BOTH of these stories, so I got to talk to her a little bit as well The shooting has turned into a homicide now, though, so we'll have to see where this comes out.

Meanwhile back at the home base, Titan Radio is gearing up for a week out at the Lawrence County Fair, and I'm getting excited for it already. I'll be out at the remote for the first and last days we're there, and it should be fun. We're also sharing a booth with the Jameson Health System as part of what we're calling our Health and Wellness Week. Should be fun!

And now the sad news. My car, faithful (and loud) though it may have been has its days numbered. It failed inspection miserably, and so now I'm scrambling for a new car. I have a lead or two, so hopefully one of them will pan out. Anyway, about time for me to head out... more later!

No comments: